A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini 1.05
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini 1.05 Ranking & Summary
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini 1.05 description
A Thousand Splendid Suns
November 25, 2008
Born a generation apart and with very different ideas about love and family, Mariam and Laila are two women brought jarringly together by war, by loss and by fate. As they endure the ever escalating dangers around them-in their home as well as in the streets of Kabul-they come to form a bond that makes them both sisters and mother-daughter to each other, and that will ultimately alter the course not just of their own lives but of the next generation. With heart-wrenching power and suspense, Hosseini shows how a womans love for her family can move her to shocking and heroic acts of self-sacrifice, and that in the end it is love, or even the memory of love, that is often the key to survival.
About the Author
Khaled Hosseini was born in Kabul, Afghanistan, in 1965. His father was a diplomat with the Afghan Foreign Ministry and his mother taught Farsi and History at a large high school in Kabul. In 1970, the Foreign Ministry sent his family to Tehran, where his father worked for the Afghan embassy. They lived in Tehran until 1973, at which point they returned to Kabul. In July of 1973, on the night Hosseini’s youngest brother was born, the Afghan king, Zahir Shah, was overthrown in a bloodless coup by the king’s cousin, Daoud Khan. At the time, Hosseini was in fourth grade and was already drawn to poetry and prose; he read a great deal of Persian poetry as well as Farsi translations of novels ranging from Alice in Wonderland to Mickey Spillane’s Mike Hammer series. In 2006, Hosseini was named a goodwill envoy to the UNHCR, The United Nations Refugee Agency.
The Iceberg Reader revolutionizes the reading experience by combining the familiarity and timelessness of books with the convenience of New Media. Iceberg makes it easier than ever to browse, buy and enjoy the written word.
- Natural book-like reading experience with full pagination, like the original printed editions.
- Each title includes cover art, front matter, running heads and page numbers.
- Table of Contents incorporates one click navigation.
- Vertical and horizontal page orientation.
- Adjust font size with a pinch, text reflows automatically.
- Brightness adjustment with paper-like backgrounds.
- Swipe to turn the page.
- Search the text within a book.
- Create margin notes with user notation.
- Integrates with iTunes bookstore, so your next Iceberg book is just one click away.
Penguin Group (USA) Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of the internationally renowned Penguin Group, one of the largest English-language trade book publishers in the world. Formed in 1996 as a result of the merger between Penguin Books USA and The Putnam Berkley Group, Penguin Group (USA), under the stewardship of Chief Executive Officer, David Shanks, and President, Susan Petersen Kennedy, is a leading U.S. adult and childrens trade book publisher. The Penguin Group, with operations in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa and China, is led by CEO and Chairman, John Makinson, and is owned by Pearson plc. Pearson is an international media company with market-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing.
ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader, is a content technology company based in downtown New York City. Our proprietary technology is reshaping how people experience digital information and entertainment, and ScrollMotion is also helping many of the greatest names in traditional media tap the vast potential of the mobile space. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
If you have any technical problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you post a review.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 2.2 or later
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini 1.05 Screenshot
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini 1.05 Keywords
Bookmark A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini 1.05
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini 1.05 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Tao te ching (by Lao tzu)(Book and Audio) 4.5
- Sherlock Holmes Collection (Classique) 1.1
- Audio Book: The Jungle Book
- In the Forbidden Land
- Tips & Tricks - iPhone Secrets Lite 3.0
- Around the World in 80 Days Audiobook 449
- NIV Bible
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions 1.1.0
- Stanza 1.9
- Daily Horoscope 1.30
- Knit Two by KATE JACOBS 1.03
- Firestorm by Nevada Barr 1.03
- Lover Revealed: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward 1.03
- Pretty in Plaid: A Life, a Witch, and a Wardrobe, or, the Wonder Years Before the Condescending, by Jen Lancaster 1.03
- Matters of the Heart by Danielle Steel
- A Fall from Grace: A Novel of Suspense by Robert Barnard 1.05
- Heart and Soul by Maeve Binchy 1.03
- All American Girl by Meg Cabot 1.05
- Distant Suns (Lite): Astronomy, the universe and stars, oh my! 1.1.1
- (astronomy) Distant Suns : Unleash your inner astronaut 1.3.1
- Ten Thousand (A Game of Farkle) 1.0
- Match 3D Flick Puzzle FREE! 1.05.14
- The Clique by Lisi Harrison 1.05
- Book Bites - The Kite Runner
- Marley and Me by John Grogan 1.05
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad (Text Synchronized Audiobook™)
- Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot 1.05
- The Last Oracle by James Rollins 1.05
- Anathem: A Novel by Neal Stephenson 1.05
- Jean and Johnny by Beverly Cleary 1.05
- Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary 1.05
- Flirting with Forty by Jane Porter 1.05
- Fallen Skies: A Novel by Philippa Gregory 1.05
- Frost/Nixon by Sir David Frost 1.05