Adventures of Huck Finn, The (ebook) 3.0
Adventures of Huck Finn, The (ebook) 3.0 Ranking & Summary
Adventures of Huck Finn, The (ebook) 3.0 description
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (often shortened to Huck Finn) is a novel written by Mark Twain published in 1884. It is commonly accounted as one of the Great American Novels, and is one of the first major American novels written using Local Color Regionalism, or vernacular. It is told in the first person by Huckleberry "Huck" Finn, best friend of Tom Sawyer and narrator of two other Twain novels.
The book is noted for its colorful description of people and places along the Mississippi River. By satirizing Southern antebellum society that was already a quarter-century in the past by the time of publication, the book is an often scathing look at entrenched attitudes, particularly racism. The drifting journey of Huck and his friend Jim, a runaway slave, down the Mississippi River on their raft may be one of the most enduring images of escape and freedom in all of American literature.
The book has been popular with young readers since its publication, and taken as a sequel to the comparatively innocuous The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. It has also been the continued object of study by serious literary critics. The book was criticized upon release because of its coarse language, and became even more controversial in the 20th century because of its perceived use of racial stereotypes and because of its frequent use of the racial slur "N-word".
This reader remembers where you last were reading so when you return, you can resume reading. This reader also has a "tele reader" feature that allows for "gesture free" reading.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
Adventures of Huck Finn, The (ebook) 3.0 Screenshot
Adventures of Huck Finn, The (ebook) 3.0 Keywords
Bookmark Adventures of Huck Finn, The (ebook) 3.0
Adventures of Huck Finn, The (ebook) 3.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Tao te ching (by Lao tzu)(Book and Audio) 4.5
- Sherlock Holmes Collection (Classique) 1.1
- Audio Book: The Jungle Book
- In the Forbidden Land
- Tips & Tricks - iPhone Secrets Lite 3.0
- Around the World in 80 Days Audiobook 449
- NIV Bible
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions 1.1.0
- Stanza 1.9
- Daily Horoscope 1.30
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Classique) 1.1
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain
- The Adventures of Lily and Stella - We're Home!
- The Adventures of Khaki Pants Pete 1.00
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (illustrated) 4.0
- Bhagavad Gita for Busy People - ebook
- Alice's Adventures Under Ground (illustrated) 4.0
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle; ebook
- iReader - The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (Text Synchronized Audiobook™)
- CliffsNotes® To Go: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Book Bites - The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- EngLits: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer 2.6
- Phineas Finn: The Irish Member, by Anthony Trollope 1.0
- ebook: The Girl with the Golden Eyes