Emma by Jane Austen (ebook) 3.0
Emma by Jane Austen (ebook) 3.0 Ranking & Summary
Emma by Jane Austen (ebook) 3.0 description
Emma is a novel by Jane Austen, first published in December, 1815. Ostensibly a story about the perils of misconstrued romance, in fact the author treats with two of her more common themes, namely: the concerns and difficulties of womens lives in Georgian-Regency England; and, a comedy of manners among her characters, each of whom would justify him/herself as behaving always of the highest standards of polite manners --even when, for some, their actual behaviours appear otherwise.
In the opening paragraph the main character, Emma Woodhouse, is described as "handsome, clever, and rich". Also, it turns out, she is rather spoiled; and, she overvalues her personal judgement and skills at human match-making; and, she is naive --clueless, even-- about the effects of her social machinations on others. Prior to starting the novel, Austen wrote, "I am going to take a heroine whom no-one but myself will much like."
This reader remembers where you last were reading so when you return, you can resume reading. This reader also has a "tele reader" feature that allows for "gesture free" reading.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
Emma by Jane Austen (ebook) 3.0 Screenshot
Emma by Jane Austen (ebook) 3.0 Keywords
Bookmark Emma by Jane Austen (ebook) 3.0
Emma by Jane Austen (ebook) 3.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Tao te ching (by Lao tzu)(Book and Audio) 4.5
- Sherlock Holmes Collection (Classique) 1.1
- Audio Book: The Jungle Book
- In the Forbidden Land
- Tips & Tricks - iPhone Secrets Lite 3.0
- Around the World in 80 Days Audiobook 449
- NIV Bible
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions 1.1.0
- Stanza 1.9
- Daily Horoscope 1.30
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (Text Synchronized Audiobook™)
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen.. 1.0
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen 4.0
- Jane Austen - Northanger Abbey (ebook)
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.
- Flirting with Forty by Jane Porter 1.05
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. 1.0
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen 1.0