oMaps (offline Maps) 1.2.1
oMaps (offline Maps) 1.2.1 Ranking & Summary
oMaps (offline Maps) 1.2.1 description
oMaps: offline Maps for iPhone and iPhone Touch.
MINIMUM OS REQUIREMENTS: 3.0+
Now you no longer need to be online to access maps you need.
oMaps lets you save maps and then access them even without an Internet connection.
Compatible also with the iPod touch, oMaps simply gives you faster access to the maps you need.
You can store the map displayed on screen (including inward zoom levels) for ANY AREA IN THE WORLD.
No more roaming fees while your are abroad.
No need anymore to buy preloaded maps for every city you want to visit.
Finally a full maps application for the iPod Touch.
- Map access (move and zoom like in built-in Maps application).
- Save portions (city-sized limit) of your maps and access them without internet connection.
- Search for places, cities, roads, points of interest and more.
- Display you current location
oMaps updates are free for users who had already bought oMaps.
** FAQ **
- Which source does oMaps use?
oMaps uses Openstreetmap (the Wikipedia of maps). Openstreetmap displays not only map roads but also restaurants, ATM, bus stations, etc. Visit www.OpenStreetMap.org for more information.
- I would prefer Google Maps as a source of maps. Is it possible?
- Why can I only save a map if connected to Wifi?
Saving map might require to download a big amount of data. It would be more comfortable to use broadband Wifi connection rather than 3G or Edge. Moreover in some countries cellphone data plans are limited.
- Why does my map only save to a minimal zoom level?
A minimum zoom level is setup in order to limit downloading time and prevent overusing the device memory capacity. However, this minimum zoom level is usually enough to save a full city.
- How many maps can I save?
The number of maps you can save is UNLIMITED. However iPhone/iPod Touch memory is not infinite.
- Can oMaps locate my position offline?
If you have an iPhone: yes.
If you have an iPod Touch, you need to enable WiFi and have reachable networks in your area.
- Why can I not search off line?
The search feature has to access Cloudmade database to get results. Without a connection, the search function is disabled.
- What if my search gives me unexpected results?
For better results, use the following syntax: "number, street, city, country". For instance, "Amsterdam, Netherlands".
Languages other than English may lead to inappropriate results.
More information at www.omapsiphone.com
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 2.2.1 or later
oMaps (offline Maps) 1.2.1 Screenshot
oMaps (offline Maps) 1.2.1 Keywords
Bookmark oMaps (offline Maps) 1.2.1
oMaps (offline Maps) 1.2.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.