Rowmote: Remote Control for Mac and Apple TV 2.0
Rowmote: Remote Control for Mac and Apple TV 2.0 Ranking & Summary
Rowmote: Remote Control for Mac and Apple TV 2.0 description
** Looking for the slickest remote control WITH a wireless keyboard and trackpad? Check out Rowmote Pro, also on the App Store! **
You love the remote control which came with your Mac - so simple yet elegant, with easy control of Front Row, iTunes, Quicktime, DVD Player, Keynote, and more.
Or, your Mac didnt come with a remote control or doesnt even have an infrared port. Buying a remote control, from Apple or a third party, would carry a significant cost!
You carry your iPhone or iPod Touch wherever you go... so why should you carry a second device just to control your computer? Furthermore, why should you need line-of-sight to do so?
Enter Rowmote! Rowmote is like your Mac or Apple TV’s remote control, but over the wireless network and even better! By tapping the Apps button, you get bonus abilities, switching between controlled programs, toggling the iTunes Visualizer, and more. Rowmote will even wake sleeping Macs.
- Control your Mac or Apple TV over a wireless network. No line of sight necessary.
- Functions just like the hardware Apple Remote Control in:
• Front Row
• Airfoil Video
• Apple TV (after software installation)
• DVD Player
• Hulu Desktop
• Keynote 08 and 09
• Microsoft Powerpoint 2004 and 2008
• The Tube
• xbmc (XBox Media Center)
- SWITCH: Apps Remote allows switching to controllable applications on the Mac, toggling iTunes visualizer and coverflow, and toggling fullscreen mode (remote features worth the price of admission alone). The order is even customizable.
- Click-and-hold works just like on the physical remote in applications; for example, holding the right button fast-forwards, while a single click is next. This is a feature no other iPhone remote control I know of does properly!
- SLEEP AND WAKE: Put your Mac to sleep by holding the Play button for 3 seconds while controlling any Apple application, just like the hardware remote. Rowmote automatically wakes up sleeping machines which are connected via Ethernet!
- Automatically enables Front Row in Mac OS X 10.4, even if your computer doesnt have an infrared port.
- One-time PIN-based authentication prevents others from controlling your computer (Mac only)
- Optional dark interface for reduced glare
• Mac OS X 10.4.0 or later, or an Apple TV
• Mac: The free Rowmote Helper program, which may be downloaded at www.rowmote.com, must be running on the Mac to be controlled.
• Apple TV: Apple TV installation requires a USB keychain drive and following the multistep instructions found at www.rowmote.com. Please review these instructions, which include installing free third party software on your Apple TV, before purchasing!
• The iPhone or iPod Touch must be on the same wireless network (a computer-to-computer, or Ad Hoc, network works, as well). If a firewall is enabled, Rowmote Helper must be allowed access or port 5842 must be opened.
Rowmote is a steal! Couple it with Apple’s free Remote app to turn your iPhone or iPod Touch into the ultimate controller for home stereo, mobile presentation, or casual video viewing.
The artwork of the gorgeous new interface as of Rowmote 1.1 was designed by Rik Schennink.
• Several one-star reviews appear to be from users who have enabled their Mac OS X firewall but have not allowed Rowmote Helper access. Please dont hesitate to email me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have you any problems or questions, as I cant respond to reviews!
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 2.0 or later
Rowmote: Remote Control for Mac and Apple TV 2.0 Screenshot
Rowmote: Remote Control for Mac and Apple TV 2.0 Keywords
Bookmark Rowmote: Remote Control for Mac and Apple TV 2.0
Rowmote: Remote Control for Mac and Apple TV 2.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.