Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend by Larry Tye 1.03
Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend by Larry Tye 1.03 Ranking & Summary
Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend by Larry Tye 1.03 description
Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend
June 9, 2009
He is that rare American icon who has never been captured in a biography worthy of him. Now, at last, here is the superbly researched, spellbindingly told story of athlete, showman, philosopher, and boundary breaker Leroy “Satchel” Paige. Few reliable records or news reports survive about players in the Negro Leagues. Through dogged detective work, award-winning author and journalist Larry Tye has tracked down the truth about this majestic and enigmatic pitcher, interviewing more than two hundred Negro Leaguers and Major Leaguers, talking to family and friends who had never told their stories before, and retracing Paige’s steps across the continent. Separating the truth from the legend, Satchel is a remarkable accomplishment, as large as this larger-than-life man.
About the Author
Larry Tye was a prize-winning journalist at The Boston Globe and a Nieman Fellow at Harvard University. An avid baseball fan, Tye now runs a Boston-based training program for medical journalists. He is the author of The Father of Spin, Home Lands, and Rising from the Rails and co-author, with Kitty Dukakis, of Shock. He lives in Lexington, Massachusetts.
The Iceberg Reader revolutionizes the reading experience by combining the familiarity and timelessness of books with the convenience of New Media. Iceberg makes it easier than ever to browse, buy and enjoy the written word.
- Natural book-like reading experience with full pagination, like the original printed editions.
- Each title includes cover art, front matter, running heads and page numbers.
- Table of Contents incorporates one click navigation.
- Vertical and horizontal page orientation.
- Adjust font size with a pinch, text reflows automatically.
- Brightness adjustment with paper-like backgrounds.
- Swipe to turn the page.
- Search the text within a book.
- Create margin notes with user notation.
- Integrates with iTunes bookstore, so your next Iceberg book is just one click away.
About Random House
Random House, Inc., the world’s largest English-language trade book publisher, publishes many of the foremost and most popular fiction and nonfiction authors in hardcover, trade and mass market paperback, audio, electronic, digital and other formats. Random House, Inc. (www.randomhouse.com) is the U.S. division of Random House, the book division of Bertelsmann AG, one of the world’s leading media companies. Random House, Inc. has won the most major awards of any publishing company, including the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, and the Newbery Medal. Among the dozens of Random House, Inc. publishing divisions and imprints in the U.S. are the Bantam Dell Publishing Group, the Crown Publishing Group, the Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group, the Knopf Publishing Group, Fodor’s Travel Guides, Random House Children’s Books, the Random House Publishing Group, and the Random House Audio Publishing Group. Random House’s publishing companies in Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Japan, and Korea are publishing leaders in their territories.
ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader, is a content technology company based in downtown New York City. Our proprietary technology is reshaping how people experience digital information and entertainment, and ScrollMotion is also helping many of the greatest names in traditional media tap the vast potential of the mobile space. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
If you have any technical problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you post a review.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 2.2 or later
Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend by Larry Tye 1.03 Screenshot
Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend by Larry Tye 1.03 Keywords
Bookmark Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend by Larry Tye 1.03
Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend by Larry Tye 1.03 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Tao te ching (by Lao tzu)(Book and Audio) 4.5
- Sherlock Holmes Collection (Classique) 1.1
- Audio Book: The Jungle Book
- In the Forbidden Land
- Tips & Tricks - iPhone Secrets Lite 3.0
- Around the World in 80 Days Audiobook 449
- NIV Bible
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions 1.1.0
- Stanza 1.9
- Daily Horoscope 1.30
- The Film Club by David Gilmour 1.03
- Another Different Life by Marisa Kantor Stark 1.03
- North American Birds - Taxonomic List
- Waylon: An Autobiography by Waylon Jennings 1.03
- Stefan Wolf: Es geschah in einer Regennacht 1.1
- Jonathan Stroud: Bartimäus - Das Amulett von Samarkand 1.1
- Johanna Adorján: Eine exklusive Liebe 1.1
- Eva-Maria Zurhorst: Liebe dich selbst 1.1
- Perfectly Imperfect: A Life in Progress by Lee Woodruff 1.03
- Sag Harbor: A Novel by Colson Whitehead 1.03
- Sisters by Danielle Steel 1.03
- Moikka Christian News Service 1.1
- Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets by
- Special Delivery by Danielle Steel 1.03
- Silent Honor by Danielle Steel 1.03
- Travel @ Singapore 1.1