The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos by Margaret Mascarenhas
The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos by Margaret Mascarenhas Ranking & Summary
The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos by Margaret Mascarenhas description
The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos
Grand Central Publishing
June 19, 2009
Irene dos Santos disappeared at age 15. Believed to have drowned while on holiday with her best friend, Lily Martinez, her body was never found. Now, years later, she appears ghostlike in Lilys dreams, prompting a quest for the truth behind her disappearance. Mysteriously, Lily, eight-months pregnant with her first child, slips and falls on the same day that the statue of Maria Lionza, Patron Saint of their Venezuelan town, cracks in two. Confined to her bed, Lily is surrounded by her family and closest friends, who agree that a Novena to Maria Lionza will guide the babys spirit safely into the world. Together, through their nine nights of prayer, each offers a story to entertain Lily and her baby. What emerges is a vivid picture of Venezuela during a time of revolution and uncertainty-and the unraveling of the mystery behind Irene dos Santos.
About the Author
Margaret Mascarenhas is a consulting editor, columnist and novelist. She is the author of Skin, published by Penguin India in 2001, also published in French translation by Mercure de France in 2002, and in Portuguese translation by Editora Replicacao in 2006.
An American citizen of Goan origin who grew up in Venezuela, she currently resides in Goa, India.
For more information please visit http://mmascgoa.tripod.com/
The Iceberg Reader revolutionizes the reading experience by combining the familiarity and timelessness of books with the convenience of New Media. Iceberg makes it easier than ever to browse, buy and enjoy the written word.
- Natural book-like reading experience with full pagination, like the original printed editions.
- Each title includes cover art, front matter, running heads and page numbers.
- Table of Contents incorporates one click navigation.
- Vertical and horizontal page orientation.
- Adjust font size with a pinch, text reflows automatically.
- Brightness adjustment with paper-like backgrounds.
- Swipe to turn the page.
- Search the text within a book.
- Create margin notes with user notation.
- Integrates with iTunes bookstore, so your next Iceberg book is just one click away.
Hachette Book Group USA is a leading US trade publisher headquartered in New York, and owned by Hachette Livre, the second largest publisher in the world. In one year, HBGUSA publishes approximately 450 adult books, 150 young adult and children’s books, and 60 audio book titles. In 2007, the company had a record 82 books on the New York Times bestseller list, with 20 of them ranked #1. In addition to selling and distributing its own imprints, HBG distributes publishing lines for Chronicle Books, Microsoft Learning, Arcade, Time Inc. Home Entertainment, Harry N. Abrams, InnovativeKids, Phaidon Press, Filipacchi Publishing, Kensington, MQ Publications, Strictly By The Book, Weinstein Books and Gildan Media.
ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader, is a content technology company based in downtown New York City. Our proprietary technology is reshaping how people experience digital information and entertainment, and ScrollMotion is also helping many of the greatest names in traditional media tap the vast potential of the mobile space. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
If you have any technical problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you post a review.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 2.2 or later
The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos by Margaret Mascarenhas Screenshot
The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos by Margaret Mascarenhas Keywords
Bookmark The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos by Margaret Mascarenhas
The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos by Margaret Mascarenhas Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Tao te ching (by Lao tzu)(Book and Audio) 4.5
- Sherlock Holmes Collection (Classique) 1.1
- Audio Book: The Jungle Book
- In the Forbidden Land
- Tips & Tricks - iPhone Secrets Lite 3.0
- Around the World in 80 Days Audiobook 449
- NIV Bible
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions 1.1.0
- Stanza 1.9
- Daily Horoscope 1.30
- The Bondswoman's Narrative by Hannah Crafts 1.03
- Last Man Standing by David Baldacci 1.03
- Skin Folk by Nalo Hopkinson 1.03
- Another Different Life by Marisa Kantor Stark 1.03
- A Week from Sunday by Dorothy Garlock 1.03
- Digital Aboriginal: The Direction of Business by Philip Tarlow 1.03
- Riptide by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child 1.03
- If Looks Could Kill by Kate White 1.03