The Longevity Factor by Joseph Maroon, MD
The Longevity Factor by Joseph Maroon, MD Ranking & Summary
The Longevity Factor by Joseph Maroon, MD description
The Longevity Factor
Joseph Maroon, MD
December 30, 2008
In The Longevity Factor, noted neuroscientist and surgeon Joseph Maroon, M.D., offers the definitive look at recent scientific breakthroughs identifying a group of natural substances -- including the much-publicized molecule resveratrol -- that can actually activate a specific set of genes in humans that promote a longer, healthier life. These substances, which make red wine, dark chocolate, and green tea good for us, appear to stave off a wide array of age-related diseases and keep us feeling young and vital. Resveratrol is the centerpiece of headline-making research being conducted at the Harvard Medical School and elsewhere. Only recently, however, have scientists discovered how to isolate resveratrol and concentrate it into an affordable and safe supplement. Already, more than 200 supplements featuring resveratrol have flooded the market, and there are countless more on the way. But which ones work best? What is a consumer to look for on the label? Since resveratrol is a natural substance, can you get enough of it through diet alone, or should you combine diet with a supplement? And what lies on the horizon from the pharmaceutical industry? All those questions and many more are answered in this immensely informative and practical book.
About the Author
Joseph Maroon, M.D., F.A.C.S. , studied medicine at Indiana University, Georgetown, and Oxford University. Dr. Maroon is a world-renowned neurosurgeon and former president of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, the largest society of its kind in North America. He has been the team neurosurgeon for the Pittsburgh Steelers for the past twenty-five years and currently is a professor and Heindl Scholar in Neuroscience at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. A lifelong athlete, he has competed in more than fifty triathlons, including three Hawaiian Ironman Championship competitions.
The Iceberg Reader revolutionizes the reading experience by combining the familiarity and timelessness of books with the convenience of New Media. Iceberg makes it easier than ever to browse, buy and enjoy the written word.
- Natural book-like reading experience with full pagination, like the original printed editions.
- Each title includes cover art, front matter, running heads and page numbers.
- Table of Contents incorporates one click navigation.
- Vertical and horizontal page orientation.
- Adjust font size with a pinch, text reflows automatically.
- Brightness adjustment with paper-like backgrounds.
- Swipe to turn the page.
- Search the text within a book.
- Create margin notes with user notation.
- Integrates with iTunes bookstore, so your next Iceberg book is just one click away.
About Simon & Schuster
Simon & Schuster, a part of the CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Childrens Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.simonsays.com.
ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader, is a content technology company based in downtown New York City. Our proprietary technology is reshaping how people experience digital information and entertainment, and ScrollMotion is also helping many of the greatest names in traditional media tap the vast potential of the mobile space. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
If you have any technical problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you post a review.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 2.2 or later
The Longevity Factor by Joseph Maroon, MD Screenshot
The Longevity Factor by Joseph Maroon, MD Keywords
Bookmark The Longevity Factor by Joseph Maroon, MD
The Longevity Factor by Joseph Maroon, MD Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Tao te ching (by Lao tzu)(Book and Audio) 4.5
- Sherlock Holmes Collection (Classique) 1.1
- Audio Book: The Jungle Book
- In the Forbidden Land
- Tips & Tricks - iPhone Secrets Lite 3.0
- Around the World in 80 Days Audiobook 449
- NIV Bible
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions 1.1.0
- Stanza 1.9
- Daily Horoscope 1.30
- Karain, A Memory, by Joseph Conrad 1.0
- Expert Video: Wine Tasting 1.0.0
- Expert Video: White Wine 1.0.0
- Playing in the Dark: The Emptiness Love Brings by David Rivera, Jr.
- Isabel's Texas Two-Step by Annie Bryant 1.03
- Charlotte in Paris by Annie Bryant 1.03
- A Year of Wine: Perfect Pairings, Great Buys, and What to Sip for Each Season by Tyler Colman 1.05
- Hello, Darkness by Sandra Brown 1.03
- Top 12 Ways to Avoid a Heart Attack by Defrim Kercagu, MD
- Sale-An apple a day keeps doctor away by Defrim Kercagu, MD
- The Best Home Search Ever! - DC/MD/VA
- The Power of Body Language by Tonya Reiman 1.03
- Corkscore Lite - Australia & New Zealand Wine 1.0.1
- 1776 by David McCullough 1.05
- Open Cellar, The Ultimate Wine Cellar Solution
- Merlot Wine Cellar Assistant
- Corkscore - Australia & New Zealand Wine 1.1.1
- Wine List Pro 188.8.131.52
- The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging by The Editors of The Huffington Post
- Star Trek: New Frontier: Treason by Peter David
- Star Trek: Vanguard: Open Secrets by Dayton Ward
- Star Trek Movie Tie-In by Alan Dean Foster
- Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan LeFanu (Text Synchronized Audiobook™)