The Wooden Nickel: A Novel by William Carpenter 1.03
The Wooden Nickel: A Novel by William Carpenter 1.03 Ranking & Summary
The Wooden Nickel: A Novel by William Carpenter 1.03 description
The Wooden Nickel: A Novel
Little, Brown and Company
June 27, 2009
Lucky Lunt is an endangered species: a third-generation lobsterman who works the same waters as his father and grandfather, and pilots one of the few remaining wooden boats in the fleet. He knows every truck and trawler in town by the sound of its engine, only buys American, and nurses a hearty contempt for the rich tourists who throng to the coast every year. But even in Orphan Point, things are no longer what they used to be, and Luckys beginning to feel like an outsider in his own house. His wife has become an artist, selling sea-glass sculptures to yuppies; his daughter is bound for college, which might as well be another planet; and his son, who has turned angry and lawless, is already making more money than his old man. Even Luckys heart is failing him: he cant haul traps alone anymore. But it doesnt take a genius to see that his new deckhand, the sexy, not-quite-divorced wife of the local lobster wholesaler, looks like a whole lot of trouble. As if that werent enough, Lucky finds someone elses buoys bobbing in his ancestral waters. Before he knows it, hes embroiled in a lobster war that forces him to break all the rules: family, health, business, even the rules of the sea. As waves of bad luck turn into a flood tide, Lucky enters an epic confrontation with his enemies and a rogue whale -- a battle his unreliable heart may not survive. Full of pathos, comedy, and unforgettable characters, The Wooden Nickel is a classic story, told in a powerful, distinct voice, of a man raging against a changing world.
The Iceberg Reader revolutionizes the reading experience by combining the familiarity and timelessness of books with the convenience of New Media. Iceberg makes it easier than ever to browse, buy and enjoy the written word.
- Natural book-like reading experience with full pagination, like the original printed editions.
- Each title includes cover art, front matter, running heads and page numbers.
- Table of Contents incorporates one click navigation.
- Vertical and horizontal page orientation.
- Adjust font size with a pinch, text reflows automatically.
- Brightness adjustment with paper-like backgrounds.
- Swipe to turn the page.
- Search the text within a book.
- Create margin notes with user notation.
- Integrates with iTunes bookstore, so your next Iceberg book is just one click away.
Hachette Book Group USA is a leading US trade publisher headquartered in New York, and owned by Hachette Livre, the second largest publisher in the world. In one year, HBGUSA publishes approximately 450 adult books, 150 young adult and children’s books, and 60 audio book titles. In 2007, the company had a record 82 books on the New York Times bestseller list, with 20 of them ranked #1. In addition to selling and distributing its own imprints, HBG distributes publishing lines for Chronicle Books, Microsoft Learning, Arcade, Time Inc. Home Entertainment, Harry N. Abrams, InnovativeKids, Phaidon Press, Filipacchi Publishing, Kensington, MQ Publications, Strictly By The Book, Weinstein Books and Gildan Media.
ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader, is a content technology company based in downtown New York City. Our proprietary technology is reshaping how people experience digital information and entertainment, and ScrollMotion is also helping many of the greatest names in traditional media tap the vast potential of the mobile space. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
If you have any technical problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you post a review.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 2.2 or later
The Wooden Nickel: A Novel by William Carpenter 1.03 Screenshot
The Wooden Nickel: A Novel by William Carpenter 1.03 Keywords
Bookmark The Wooden Nickel: A Novel by William Carpenter 1.03
The Wooden Nickel: A Novel by William Carpenter 1.03 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Tao te ching (by Lao tzu)(Book and Audio) 4.5
- Sherlock Holmes Collection (Classique) 1.1
- Audio Book: The Jungle Book
- In the Forbidden Land
- Tips & Tricks - iPhone Secrets Lite 3.0
- Around the World in 80 Days Audiobook 449
- NIV Bible
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions 1.1.0
- Stanza 1.9
- Daily Horoscope 1.30
- The Detonators by Chad Millman 1.03
- The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly 1.03
- Choose Me by Xenia Ruiz 1.03
- The Infiltrator by Robert Mazur 1.03
- Postcards from Berlin: A Novel by Margaret Leroy 1.03
- Over Her Head: A Novel by Shelley Bates 1.03
- Los Angeles: A Novel by Peter Moore Smith 1.03
- The Breakup Book by Monica Sheehan 1.03
- Undiscovered Gyrl: A Novel by Allison Burnett - FREE EXCERPT! 1.03
- Carpenter's Helper Lite - Free Construction Calculator 1.3
- G.I. Joe: Origins Graphic Novel 1.0
- Carpenter's Helper Pro - Construction Calculator 1.3
- The Host: A Novel by Stephenie Meyer
- Poems of William Blake by William Blake (Text Synchronized Audiobook™)
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold 1.03
- Princess Diaries: A Novel by Meg Cabot
- Copper River: A Cork O'Connor Mystery by William Kent Krueger
- The Wood Beyond the World by William Morris (Text Synchronized Audiobook™)
- Vanity Fair
- Vanity Fair By William Makepeace Thackeray (ebook)
- The Memoirs of Barry Lyndon, Esq. by William Makepeace Thackeray 1.0
- Resistance: A Novel by Anita Shreve 1.03
- Trouble: A Novel by Kate Christensen 1.03
- Knight of Desire by Margaret Mallory 1.03