USSC - Baker v. Carr (ebook) 3.0
USSC - Baker v. Carr (ebook) 3.0 Ranking & Summary
USSC - Baker v. Carr (ebook) 3.0 description
Baker v. Carr, 369 U.S. 186 (1962), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case that retreated from the Courts political question doctrine, deciding that reapportionment (attempts to change the way voting districts are delineated) issues present justiciable questions, thus enabling federal courts to intervene in and to decide reapportionment cases. The defendants unsuccessfully argued that reapportionment of legislative districts is a "political question," and hence not a question that may be resolved by federal courts.
This decision is very readable by everyone and great for anyone interested in learning more about the supreme court, history, or the subject of the case.
A landmark decision is the outcome of a legal case (often thus referred to as a landmark case) that establishes a precedent that either substantially changes the interpretation of the law or that simply establishes new case law on a particular issue. Certain cases within this category are widely known in legal studies and may be reviewed by law students even if they have been overturned by later decisions.
The term "landmark decision" is not a formal legal term but a colloquialism, however it is in widespread use amongst legal professionals — over 5,000 published opinions of lower courts can be found identifying some precedent as a landmark decision in the field of law being addressed.
• This eBook has internal links, in both directions, between footnotes and citations within the rulings themselves.
• It remembers where you last were reading
• Very fast to open and display.
• Self contained and therefore does not require internet.
• Excellent reference material for lawyers, teachers and students.
• Has ability to tele-read at a settable pace so as to avoid use of screen gestures.
• This is a reference work eBook eReader.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
USSC - Baker v. Carr (ebook) 3.0 Screenshot
USSC - Baker v. Carr (ebook) 3.0 Keywords
Bookmark USSC - Baker v. Carr (ebook) 3.0
USSC - Baker v. Carr (ebook) 3.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- iUSA – The Pocket Guide to the United States of America – Her History, People and Government – First Edition – 1.1
- The Constitution of the United States with audio 1.0.0
- USSC - McCulloch v. Maryland (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Texas v. Johnson (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Gibbons v. Ogden (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Regents v. Bakke (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Tinker v. Des Moines (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Affirmative Action Cases (7) 3.0
- Manual for the United States of America 1.4
- iAmerica – The Pocket Guide to Presidential History of the United States of America – First Edition – 1.1
- My Stop Smoking Coach with Allen Carr
- Area Codes and Zip Codes
- Cash Counter United States 1.0
- History of the United States (by Charles and Mary Beard) 4.0
- US Geography Trivia for The Factual Intellectual™ 1.3.0
- USSC - New York Times v. Sullivan (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Plessy v. Ferguson (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - US v. Nixon (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Schenck v. United States (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Brown v. Board of Education (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Dred Scott v. Sandford (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Griswold v. Connecticut (ebook) 3.0
- US Supreme Court - 24 Landmark Cases 3.0