USSC - Plessy v. Ferguson (ebook) 3.0
USSC - Plessy v. Ferguson (ebook) 3.0 Ranking & Summary
USSC - Plessy v. Ferguson (ebook) 3.0 description
Plessy v. Ferguson, 163 U.S. 537 (1896), is a landmark United States Supreme Court decision in the jurisprudence of the United States, upholding the constitutionality of racial segregation even in public accommodations (particularly railroads), under the doctrine of "separate but equal".
The decision was handed down by a vote of 7 to 1, with the majority opinion written by Justice Henry Billings Brown and the dissent written by Justice John Marshall Harlan, with Justice David Josiah Brewer not participating in this case. "Separate but equal" remained standard doctrine in U.S. law until its repudiation in the 1954 Supreme Court decision Brown v. Board of Education.
This decision is very readable by everyone and great for anyone interested in learning more about the supreme court, history, or the subject of the case.
A landmark decision is the outcome of a legal case (often thus referred to as a landmark case) that establishes a precedent that either substantially changes the interpretation of the law or that simply establishes new case law on a particular issue. Certain cases within this category are widely known in legal studies and may be reviewed by law students even if they have been overturned by later decisions.
The term "landmark decision" is not a formal legal term but a colloquialism, however it is in widespread use amongst legal professionals — over 5,000 published opinions of lower courts can be found identifying some precedent as a landmark decision in the field of law being addressed.
• This eBook has internal links, in both directions, between footnotes and citations within the rulings themselves.
• It remembers where you last were reading
• Very fast to open and display.
• Self contained and therefore does not require internet.
• Excellent reference material for lawyers, teachers and students.
• Has ability to tele-read at a settable pace so as to avoid use of screen gestures.
• This is a reference work eBook eReader.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
USSC - Plessy v. Ferguson (ebook) 3.0 Screenshot
USSC - Plessy v. Ferguson (ebook) 3.0 Keywords
Bookmark USSC - Plessy v. Ferguson (ebook) 3.0
USSC - Plessy v. Ferguson (ebook) 3.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Ebook 1.0
- USSC - Gibbons v. Ogden (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Dred Scott v. Sandford (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Schenck v. United States (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - New York Times v. Sullivan (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Brown v. Board of Education (ebook) 3.0
- USSC - Affirmative Action Cases (7) 3.0
- USSC - Capital Punishment Cases (9) 3.0
- A Princess Of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs; ebook
- Bhagavad Gita for Busy People - ebook
- AAA Pest Control by T. Barnard Akers; ebook
- Max Quick 1: The Pocket and the Pendant by Mark Jeffrey; ebook
- There's Nothing Under The Bed by Bruce Coville; ebook
- Think and Grow Rich - ebook
- Hindu Rituals and Routines - ebook
- Irvin D. Yalom by Ruthellen Josselson; ebook