Viewfinder Cine Ranking & Summary
Viewfinder Cine description
Viewfinder binds together the features of a traditional directors viewfinder used by filmmakers worldwide, a cut-out cardboard finder that is so popular with photographers and painters, and the iPhone.
But it goes even further! You will benefit from using Viewfinder in several situations:
- Location scouting and concept shoots - you can determine what equipment to bring for the real shoot.
- While your equipment rests in the backpack or in the car, you are free to compose and reach for the appropriate lenses only when the composition is done. No need for endless lens changes just to figure out the right focal length.
- Communicating your ideas to others - if you teach workshops on photographic composition or just want to share your ideas with your friends, colleagues or clients.
- Trying out lens or camera viewing angles before you buy. You dont have to borrow or rent lenses to decide which focal lengths you need.
The application requires iPhone OS 3.1 or later and runs on both 3G and 3GS models (although much faster on the 3GS).
- Four (4) user-defined camera setups. You can switch between them with a push of a button. Camera button labels can be modified.
- Four (4) user-defined function buttons to execute special functions, like switching aspect ratios, saving the current view as a photo.
- Support for virtually all digital and film-based motion picture and video cameras, 35mm and 4/3 still cameras and lenses from almost every manufacturer.
- Supports 2x anamorphic and 1.3x anamorphic (e.g. Hawk) lenses.
- Support for generic camera formats in case your camera is not on the list.
- Camera list can be filtered by still and motion picture (video) recording capabilities.
- Three user-defined custom lens focal lengths per camera in case your lens is not listed.
- In addition to the native camera aspect ratio you can compose with 4:3, 1.37:1, 1.66:1, 16:9 (1.78.1), 1.85:1, 2:1, 2.2:1, 2.39:1 for motion picture cameras and 3:2, 4:3, 5:4, 1:1 for still cameras.
- Support for iPhone wide angle adapters, such as the OWLE.
- You can save the current view as a photo for later reference. GPS coordinates and non-native aspect ratios are recorded on saved images.
- Digital zoom in the range of 0.7x - 3x.
- When you zoom smaller than 100% a virtual frame appears to enable to see whats just outside of the largest frame the iPhone camera could record.
- Cut-out cardboard finder simulation with dimming the space outside of the selected lens frame lines.
- Auto-focus and auto-exposure on the iPhone 3GS.
Viewfinder recognizes the following gestures:
- Button long tap (1.2 seconds or more) - modify button setup (camera, lenses, functions).
- Pinch - zoom in the 0.7x - 3x range.
- Tap inside a frame - dim the surroundings (e.g. cut-out cardboard simulation).
- Swipe across the screen - turn off dimming.
- Double tap - activates auto-focus and auto-exposure (only works on 3GS).
- Quad tap - display version and copyright information.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Requires iPhone OS 3.1 or later.
Viewfinder Cine Screenshot
Viewfinder Cine Keywords
Bookmark Viewfinder Cine
Viewfinder Cine Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.