Volcanic Islands by Charles Darwin (ebook) 3.0
Volcanic Islands by Charles Darwin (ebook) 3.0 Ranking & Summary
Volcanic Islands by Charles Darwin (ebook) 3.0 description
Volcanic islands (1844). Geological observations made during the voyage of the Beagle.
ABOUT CHARLES DARWIN
Charles Robert Darwin FRS (12 February 1809 – 19 April 1882) was an English naturalist who realised and demonstrated that all species of life have evolved over time from common ancestors through the process he called natural selection. The fact that evolution occurs became accepted by the scientific community and much of the general public in his lifetime, while his theory of natural selection came to be widely seen as the primary explanation of the process of evolution in the 1930s, and now forms the basis of modern evolutionary theory. In modified form, Darwin’s scientific discovery remains the foundation of biology, as it provides a unifying logical explanation for the diversity of life.
At Edinburgh University Darwin neglected medical studies to investigate marine invertebrates, then the University of Cambridge encouraged a passion for natural science. His five-year voyage on HMS Beagle established him as an eminent geologist whose observations and theories supported Charles Lyell’s uniformitarian ideas, and publication of his journal of the voyage made him famous as a popular author. Puzzled by the geographical distribution of wildlife and fossils he collected on the voyage, Darwin investigated the transmutation of species and conceived his theory of natural selection in 1838. Although he discussed his ideas with several naturalists, he needed time for extensive research and his geological work had priority. He was writing up his theory in 1858 when Alfred Russel Wallace sent him an essay which described the same idea, prompting immediate joint publication of both of their theories.
His 1859 book On the Origin of Species established evolutionary descent with modification as the dominant scientific explanation of diversification in nature. He examined human evolution and sexual selection in The Descent of Man, and Selection in Relation to Sex, followed by The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals. His research on plants was published in a series of books, and in his final book, he examined earthworms and their effect on soil.
In recognition of Darwin’s pre-eminence, he was one of only five 19th-century UK non-royal personages to be honoured by a state funeral, and was buried in Westminster Abbey, close to John Herschel and Isaac Newton.
• It remembers where you last were reading
• Choice of different font/colors, including white on black for low light reading
• Very fast to open and display.
• Self contained and therefore does not require internet.
• Excellent reference material for scientists, teachers and students.
• Has ability to tele-read at a settable pace so as to avoid use of screen gestures.
• This is a reference work eBook eReader.
ALSO, BE SURE TO CHECKOUT OUR 21 VOLUME SET
Twenty-one (21) volumes of works by Charles Darwin, as follows:
• Autobiography Of Charles Darwin
• Descent Of Man
• Different Forms Of Flowers And Plants
• Effects Of Cross Fertilisation
• Expressions And Emotions Of Man
• Vegetable Mold
• Foundations On The Origin of Species
• Insectivorous Plants
• Life And Letters
• Life And Letters, Part II
• More Letters
• More Letters, Part II
• Climbing Plants
• Origin Of The Species, 1st edition
• Origin Of The Species, 6th edition
• Power Of Movement
• Geological Observations On South America
• Variation of Animals & Plants
• Variation of Animals & Plants, Part II
• Volcanic Islands
• Voyage Of Beagle
Just search "Charles Darwin Writings" or see our other applications.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
Volcanic Islands by Charles Darwin (ebook) 3.0 Screenshot
Volcanic Islands by Charles Darwin (ebook) 3.0 Keywords
Bookmark Volcanic Islands by Charles Darwin (ebook) 3.0
Volcanic Islands by Charles Darwin (ebook) 3.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Tao te ching (by Lao tzu)(Book and Audio) 4.5
- Sherlock Holmes Collection (Classique) 1.1
- Audio Book: The Jungle Book
- In the Forbidden Land
- Tips & Tricks - iPhone Secrets Lite 3.0
- Around the World in 80 Days Audiobook 449
- NIV Bible
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions 1.1.0
- Stanza 1.9
- Daily Horoscope 1.30
- Daily Help Devotional (Charles Spurgeon) 1.2.4
- A Tale of Two Cities (A novel by Charles Dickens) 4.0
- Discover Outlook 2007 - Part II 1.0.0
- Charles Darwin Collection (Voyage of Beagle,Origin of Species, Descent of Man) 4.0
- Auto Racing Trivia for The Factual Intellectual™ 1.3.0
- The Master Key System - Charles F. Haanel
- Discover Excel 2007 - Part II
- Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens; ebook
- More Letters, Part II, Charles Darwin 3.0
- Life And Letters, Part II, Charles Darwin 3.0
- Life And Letters, Part I, Charles Darwin 3.0
- Expressions of Emotion in Man and Animals by Charles Darwin (ebook) 3.0
- The Voyage Of The Beagle by Charles Darwin; ebook
- Geological Observations On S. America by Charles Darwin 3.0
- Variation of Animals & Plants Under Domestication, Part II 3.0
- Movements and Habits of Climbing Plants by Charles Darwin 3.0